Our sparkling Chardonnay started as a research project. The Cheylan family wanted to know how the Champagne vinification process would work on Chardonnay grapes grown in Provençe.
The result? A bubbly, festive, and refreshing wine that quickly conquered the tables of the region.
Made exclusively from Chardonnay grapes, this wine is first vinified by cold pressing for base wine. Then, a second fermentation is completed while in the bottle according to the traditional method used for champagnes and crémants.
On the palate, we detect aromas of exotic yellow fruits, aromas characteristic to sparkling wine.
The success of our sparkling Chardonnay speaks to its undisputed quality, and to the revival of sparkling wines from Provence.
Enjoy our sparkling Chardonnay as an aperitif or to accompany dessert. It also can be used to toast any special occasion.
In a flute or champagne glass, sparkling Chardonnay will seduce you with its freshness. For a splash of color, add a few drops of sangria.
Château Virant has an HVE 3 certification issued by the French government. This distinguished label is only obtained after having reached the highest level of environmental certification for farms. This label signifies sustainable production and practices with careful management of natural resources.
Due to its limited production, we do not enter our sparkling Chardonnay in national competition.
|Vintage||Brut non vintage (BNM)|
|Wine storage||To be consumed within the year|
|Wine maturation||No breeding.|
Exotic fruits and citrus
|Area||The Brut de Chardonnay is produced from 5 hectares of land in Château Virant|
|Location||The parcels are all located on the place called "Règne Iris".|
|Age of the vineyards||The vines were planted in 2004.|
|Planting density||A hectare, 4000 stocks are planted.|
|Floors||The soil is clay and limestone.|
|Type of viticulture||The entire estate is certified High Environmental Value Level 3 (HVE3), the most demanding sustainable agriculture there is.|
|Type of harvest||The harvest is mechanical.|
|Vinification||Cold vinification for base wine and second fermentation in the bottle according to the traditional Champagne method.|
|Bottling date||4 months after the harvest.|
|Type of crop||Traditional|
|Date of harvest||The grapes for this wine are harvested in mid-August.|
|Custody level||In the cellar for 2 years|
- What do you like about French cuisine?
- Which wines go well with milk?
- What is a good wine and cheese pairing?
- Why is cheese so loved by the French?
- Is it ever recommended to chill red wine?
- What is the best sweet white wine?
- When making wine, do we remove the grape seeds?
- Have you ever bought organic wine?
- How is the price of a bottle of wine determined?
- What is the wine making process?
- How is white wine made?
- What is a Grand Cru wine?
- What excellent Bordeaux wine costs less than 100€?
- What are, according to you, the best French wines?
- Is red or white wine better for your health?
- "White on red, nothing moves
- How to choose a good bottle of wine?
- What is the best red wine in the world?
- What do you think of the sweet wine Château d'Yquem?
- What are the best wines of Languedoc-Roussillon?
- What is your favorite high-end wine?
Pascal A. published the 06/07/2023 following an order made on 25/06/2023
Nous avons découvert ce vin cette année et nous en sommes satisfaits.