The only single varietal wine on the estate, our chardonnay is made exclusively from chardonnay grapes. The Cheylan family wanted to add this famous grape variety to their Provençal land to create a classic high quality wine. As a result, young vines were planted ten years ago. Today, these vines produce grapes of exceptional quality, enjoying a south-east exposure on arid hillsides.
The only commercial possibility for this grape variety in Provence is the Protected Geographical Indication (IGP). This label allows for freedom in the choice of the grape variety selection and permits greater possibilities than does PDO in the methods of cultivation of the vine.
This wine is best enjoyed as an aperitif and also compliments soft cheeses and meals of seafood, white meat, and pasta.
This wine is best enjoyed at temperatures between 10 ° and 12 °C.
Château Virant has an HVE 3 certification issued by the French government. This distinguished label is only obtained after having reached the highest level of environmental certification for farms. This label signifies sustainable production and practices with careful management of natural resources.
This wine is never presented in competition because its production methods remain confidential.
|Appellation of origin||IGP Mediterranean|
|Wine storage||To be consumed within the year|
|Wine fermentation||The Chardonnay Domaine Virant is obtained by alcoholic fermentation.|
|Wine maturation||No breeding|
|Dominant aromas||Aromas of green banana and pineapple
|Area||The Chardonnay Domaine Virant is produced from the 5 ha located on the parcel called "Règne Iris".|
|Location||The vineyards are located in Provence, in the commune of Lançon de Provence.|
|Age of the vineyards||The vines were planted in 2004.|
|Planting density||The plantation has 4000 plants per hectare.|
|Floors||The terroir is said to be clay-limestone.|
|Type of viticulture||The entire estate is certified High Environmental Value Level 3 (HVE3), the most demanding sustainable agriculture there is.|
|Type of harvest||Harvested by means of a harvesting machine.|
|Winery||The passage in thermoregulated tanks is mandatory for the vinification of this vintage.|
|Vinification||The vinification process of the whites is: direct pressing and cold fermentation.|
|Bottling date||4 months after the harvest.|
|Type of crop||Traditional|
|Date of harvest||The grapes for this wine are harvested in mid-August.|
|Custody level||In the cellar for 2 years|
- What do you like about French cuisine?
- Which wines go well with milk?
- What is a good wine and cheese pairing?
- Why is cheese so loved by the French?
- Is it ever recommended to chill red wine?
- What is the best sweet white wine?
- When making wine, do we remove the grape seeds?
- Have you ever bought organic wine?
- How is the price of a bottle of wine determined?
- What is the wine making process?
- How is white wine made?
- What is a Grand Cru wine?
- What excellent Bordeaux wine costs less than 100€?
- What are, according to you, the best French wines?
- Is red or white wine better for your health?
- "White on red, nothing moves
- How to choose a good bottle of wine?
- What is the best red wine in the world?
- What do you think of the sweet wine Château d'Yquem?
- What are the best wines of Languedoc-Roussillon?
- What is your favorite high-end wine?
Anonymous customer published the 01/06/2022 following an order made on 21/05/2022
Anonymous customer published the 20/04/2022 following an order made on 02/04/2022
Parfait, fruité et sec aussi agréable qu'un Chardonnay californien. J'en ferai peut-être mon vin de l'été.
Anonymous customer published the 29/12/2021 following an order made on 12/12/2021
Très polyvalent ,peut s'accorder avec de nombreux plats
Anonymous customer published the 30/07/2021 following an order made on 19/07/2021
A boire bien frais