Magnum Cuvee AOC Red
For your gifts or your big tables, we have packaged a flagship vintage of the domain in Magnum 1,5 L.
The Magnum of Cuvée AOP Rouge Château Virant is our first wine of Protected Designation of Origin packaged in magnum. Slightly less powerful than the very famous Cuvée Inspiration, this wine dominates the great tables by its ease and its fruity aromas. Our sales consultants at the domain recommend it all year long to those who are looking for an original product and a sure value, in search of an easy pleasure.
You will find in this magnum the grape varieties Cabernet, Syrah, Grenache and Carignan. They are exalted by a vinification between 20 and 25°C with long macerations of about four weeks.
Terroir, grape varieties and vinification method make this wine both powerful and supple, with a dominance of black fruits, plums and spices. Its tannins are present and ensure a nice length in mouth.
|Appellation of origin
|AOP Aix en Provence
|Cabernet, Syrah, Grenache, Carignan
|Food and wine pairing
|Any traditional meal
|3 to 5 years
|This wine underwent alcoholic fermentation and then malolactic fermentation.
|Black fruits, plums and spices
|The Cuvée AOP Château Virant is a wine produced from about sixty hectares of our estate.
|The orchards that produce this wine are located between Lançon de Provence and Velaux.
|Age of the vineyards
|The vines that produce this vintage are about 25 years old.
|The plantation has a density of 4000 trees per hectare.
|The land that hosts these vines is clay-limestone.
|Particularity of the vineyard plantation
|The vines of this wine enjoy a South-South-East exposure which guarantees almost permanent sunshine.
|Type of viticulture
|The entire estate is certified High Environmental Value Level 3 (HVE3), the most demanding sustainable agriculture there is.
|Type of harvest
|The harvest is mechanical for this vintage.
|The Cuvée Château Virant AOP Rouge is vinified in the estate's concrete vats.
|This cuvée underwent a long vinification and a fermentation between 20° and 25°.
|18 months after the harvest.
|Type of crop
|Date of harvest
|All our reds are harvested in September as soon as the maturity of the berries allows it.
- What do you like about French cuisine?
- Which wines go well with milk?
- What is a good wine and cheese pairing?
- Why is cheese so loved by the French?
- Is it ever recommended to chill red wine?
- What is the best sweet white wine?
- When making wine, do we remove the grape seeds?
- Have you ever bought organic wine?
- How is the price of a bottle of wine determined?
- What is the wine making process?
- How is white wine made?
- What is a Grand Cru wine?
- What excellent Bordeaux wine costs less than 100€?
- What are, according to you, the best French wines?
- Is red or white wine better for your health?
- "White on red, nothing moves
- How to choose a good bottle of wine?
- What is the best red wine in the world?
- What do you think of the sweet wine Château d'Yquem?
- What are the best wines of Languedoc-Roussillon?
- What is your favorite high-end wine?