Provence Sunset Wine
Our Château Virant Provence sunset wine was inspired by Christmas traditions in Provence. Today, this special wine is recognized as a spirit that brings together contemporary and traditional flavors.
To make this festive drink, we reduce the grape juice in a copper cauldron for several days under careful supervision.
Then, it is placed in stainless steel vats for its long and capricious fermentation.
Its brown color with golden ruby reflections and its lemony notes with aromas of stewed fruit and quince make this wine a favorite.
This wine is consumed all year round and is popular among cigar aficionados because it reveals new aromas when combined with high quality tobacco.
Our Provence sunset wine is also much admired by connoisseurs of whiskey and spicy spirits. Indeed, its inimitable character and its lemony nose give this wine remarkable taste qualities.
This special wine is made according to an old Provençal recipe. We cook the grape juice in a copper cauldron in the middle of our wine cellar. The slow heat prompts a slow and careful reduction. Once the cooking is completed, the juices are transferred to vats where fermentation occurs.
After aging for two years in oak barrels, the Provence sunset wine will achieve its powerful, complex aromas.
Traditionally, this wine played an important role in Provencal Christmas celebrations. It was once served as part of our feast of 13 desserts at Christmas. During this special meal, the wine was presented to those gathered as a symbol to ward off fate and bring joy to the home in the coming new year.
Provence sunset wine is ideal with desserts and as an aperitif.
We have two suggestions:
- Like some fine Champagnes, this wine is best enjoyed in a round glass which conforms to the shape of the hand. Warmed by body temperature through the walls of the glass, the aromas of the wine will be exalted first on the nose and then on the palate.
- This wine is best enjoyed cool, at around 12 °C. At this temperature, the aromas will not be altered. You will then be offered a refreshing drink, ideal as an accompaniment to desserts and aperitifs.
Château Virant has an HVE 3 certification issued by the French government. This distinguished label is only obtained after having reached the highest level of environmental certification for farms. This label signifies sustainable production and practices with careful management of natural resources.
We have not yet entered this wine into competition, but we hope to do so in the future.
|Assembly||Grenache, Cabernet, Syrah and Carignan|
|Wine color||Red brown golden|
|Wine fermentation||This wine has undergone alcoholic fermentation alone.|
|Wine maturation||Aged in barrels in the 17th century cellar for two years.|
Red fruits in jam, spices, vanilla and caramel.
|Area||The Vin Cuit de Château Virant is produced from different juices harvested from the whole vineyard.|
|Location||The whole vineyard from Velaux to Lançon de Provence, through La Fare Les Oliviers. The selection of the vines is specific each year because it depends on the desired maturity.|
|Floors||The soil is clay and limestone.|
|Particularity of the vineyard plantation||Plantation 4 000 vines / hectares|
|Type of viticulture||The entire estate is certified High Environmental Value Level 3 (HVE3), the most demanding sustainable agriculture there is.|
|Type of harvest||The harvest is mechanical.|
|Winery||The Vin Cuit is first reduced in a copper cauldron, then vinified in vats and conditioned in barrels.|
|Vinification||Reduction in the cauldron, long fermentation.|
|Bottling date||2 years after the harvest.|
|Type of crop||Traditional|
|Operating temperature||At 12° or at room temperature depending on the use|
|Date of harvest||The harvest is done more in September to find a sufficient level of sweetness|
|Custody level||It is customary to keep it in the cellar for 5 to 10 years|
- What do you like about French cuisine?
- Which wines go well with milk?
- What is a good wine and cheese pairing?
- Why is cheese so loved by the French?
- Is it ever recommended to chill red wine?
- What is the best sweet white wine?
- When making wine, do we remove the grape seeds?
- Have you ever bought organic wine?
- How is the price of a bottle of wine determined?
- What is the wine making process?
- How is white wine made?
- What is a Grand Cru wine?
- What excellent Bordeaux wine costs less than 100€?
- What are, according to you, the best French wines?
- Is red or white wine better for your health?
- "White on red, nothing moves
- How to choose a good bottle of wine?
- What is the best red wine in the world?
- What do you think of the sweet wine Château d'Yquem?
- What are the best wines of Languedoc-Roussillon?
- What is your favorite high-end wine?
Olivier L. published the 20/03/2023 following an order made on 09/03/2023
Très belle découverte
Nadine S. published the 26/06/2022 following an order made on 15/06/2022
Doux et moelleux
Floernce B. published the 14/02/2022 following an order made on 30/01/2022
Très bon produit. Livraison rapide. Je recommande pour ceux qui aiment le vin sucré.
Jean-Pierre B. published the 26/12/2021 following an order made on 14/12/2021
Excellent vin, bien dans notre tradition. Très belle bouteille. Prix très correct comparativement aux concurrents.
Bernard S. published the 21/12/2021 following an order made on 04/12/2021
très bon produit mais j'espère que je recevrai un jour la bouteille qui me manquait à la livraison
Dominique P. published the 13/12/2021 following an order made on 02/12/2021
Très bon! Une explosion de goût !
Anonymous customer published the 10/05/2021 following an order made on 29/04/2021
tres bon vin cuit
Anonymous customer published the 17/01/2021 following an order made on 08/12/2020
Le vin cuit du château Virant correspond à ce que j'attendais. Une belle bouteille et un vin adapté au temps de Noël ainsi qu'au cacho-fio traditionnel.
Je voudrais faire connaissance mes amis ce vin cuit.
Pouvez-vous me donner une adresse aux Pays Bas pour acheter?
Ou est-ce possible de m'envoyer une bouteille?
Merci bien par avance pour votre réaction.
Nous pouvons vous expédier du vin cuit aux Pays-Bas. Pourriez-vous préciser votre adresse ainsi que le nombre de bouteilles à l'adresse [email protected] afin que nous puissions vous envoyer une quotation.